Please refer to our agency contact list to apply for HEAP and to be automatically considered for the Low Income Assistance Plan, Weatherization and Central Heating Improvement programs.
Applications for HEAP are accepted from August 23, 2021 through July 15, 2022.
At the time of application, you should be prepared to provide:
For more information, see our related document and related links at the top of the page, download the Home Energy Assistance Program brochure, or contact:
- Names and social security numbers of all people living in your household.
- Proof of gross household income for the last 30 day/1 month or 12 months. (Household income includes, but is not limited to: wages, social security, unemployment, pension, and disability payments.)
- Proof of present address (for example, a rent receipt, lease, deed, or property tax bill).
- Recent copies of your energy and utility bills.
- The type of fuel used to heat your home (natural gas, heating oil, propane, wood, wood pellets, biobricks, coal, corn, kerosene or electricity).
Any individual may report to MaineHousing suspected errors and program abuse related to programs:
- By telephone: 1-800-452-4668 or (207) 626-4600
- In writing: MaineHousing, ATTN: LIHEAP Errors and Program Abuse, 26 Edison Drive, Augusta, ME 04333
- By e-mail: Email Me