Please refer to our agency contact list to apply for LIHEAP and to be automatically considered for the Low Income Assistance Plan, Weatherization and Central Heating Improvement programs. Applications for LIHEAP are accepted from August 15th through April 30 of each year. At the time of application, you should be prepared to provide:
For more information, see our related document and related links at the top of the page, download the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program brochure, or contact:
- Names and social security numbers of all people living in your household.
- Proof of gross household income for the last 3 or 12 months. (Household income includes, but is not limited to: wages, social security, unemployment, pension, and disability payments.)
- Proof of present address (for example, a rent receipt, lease, deed, or property tax bill).
- Recent copies of your energy and utility bills.
- The type of fuel used to heat your home (natural gas, heating oil, propane, wood, wood pellets, biobricks, coal, corn or kerosene).
Any individual may report to MaineHousing suspected errors and program abuse related to programs:
- By telephone: 1-800-452-4668 or (207) 626-4600
- In writing: MaineHousing, ATTN: LIHEAP Errors and Program Abuse, 353 Water Street, Augusta, ME 04333
- By e-mail: Email Me