We invite you to join us at the 2015 Maine Affordable Housing Conference as we consider our vision for the future. It’s our 21st conference - and the first in Bangor!
The event, which will be held Tuesday, October 13, at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor, provides a forum for housing partners to gather and explore ways to bridge the gap between housing needs and housing availability. Much of how Maine looks in the future will be determined by the decisions we make today regarding affordable housing, thus “Today’s Vision, Tomorrow’s Reality” is our theme.
It is a critical time for affordable housing in Maine. The challenges we face now are every bit as daunting as any we have seen in the past. The need has never been greater – and the resources never more limited. Among the questions that need answers:
- Will we revitalize our downtowns by reinvesting in communities?
- Where and how will we house our seniors?
- Can we meet the housing expectations of the millennials?
- How will Maine maintain the workforce needed to keep up with housing demand?
- How can we form creative partnerships to provide more housing?
- And, how do we succeed in housing our long-term shelter stayers?
Featured singer/songwriter Jimmy Wayne will entertain you with an inspirational message about the importance of making a difference in the prevention of youth homelessness.
Use the menu above to learn more about the conference and check back often for updates.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bangor!
Maine Affordable Housing Coalition